Appears like this blog post is a week later. From Sep 20 until the 26 in ’09 it was National Singles Week. Within the 1980s, the Buckeye Singles Council of Ohio began this observance which falls on next full week of Sep. It was started to
… recognize many unmarried Us americans try not to recognize using phrase “unmarried” as they are parents, have partners or tend to be widowed.
Listed below are some recent interesting details and stats on singles in the us:
- There are now 95.9 million single folks in the U.S. who happen to be 18 decades or older. This makes upwards 43% of all grownups. (from 2008)
- 53 % among these singles are women
- 61 percent among these singles never have been married before. 24 percent have been divorced and another 15 per cent had been widowed.
- Seniors (65+) be the cause of 15.8 million of person singles which 16 % having never been married.
- 11.6 million of person singles are parents coping with their children, 9.8 million tend to be females.
The full reality sheet regarding the Unmarried and Single People in america month, check out the U.S. Census Bureau.